Hope you will be one among those who love Facebook and have an account. Do you run a small business? And want more customers to buy from you? Well, Facebook can help you. But you have to know what are the Facebook marketing strategies for small business.
What is Facebook Marketing?
Facebook marketing means promoting your brand and maintaining its presence on Facebook.
You actually create a Facebook business page for your brand through which you can connect with customers.
Furthermore, Facebook provides an advertising platform through which you can create marketing campaigns.
On the other hand, Facebook marketing refers to both organic (free) postings/interactions and paid or boosted posts.
Why Should You Do Facebook Marketing?
Maybe you are doing online marketing through other channels. But why should you shift to Facebook marketing? Well, that’s what we are going to discuss in this article.
But let us look into some general reasons why you should use Facebook marketing.
As of March 31, 2019, there are 2.38 billion monthly active users on Facebook. And more than 42% of marketers report that Facebook has been crucial in doing their business.
Interestingly, more than 16 million local business pages have been created. Moreover, 80 million small and medium-sized business pages have been created on Facebook.
The above statistics reveal that there are more vibrant facebook users compared to those on other social networks.
The overall purpose of the reasons to use Facebook marketing is,
- You can easily spot recent purchase behavior
- Use life-event targeting
- Use custom audiences to nurture leads and build loyalty
- Create “lookalike audiences” and
- Layer targeting options to get super granular with your targeting
You get seen and heard quick on Facebook. So what should you do with Facebook to successfully run your small business?
Facebook Marketing Strategies for Small Business
As a small business owner, you should know what strategies and tips are present to get you a worthy ROI. Let us look into the strategies and tips.
Optimize your Facebook Page for SEO and Likes, important among Facebook marketing strategies for small business.
It is important that your Facebook page ranks both in Google and Facebook search. This will help your small business to be more visible to customers and prospects.
For this, you do search engine optimization (SEO) work. Furthermore, after your customers and prospects have found your page they must like it. What specific actions will you take to implement SEO and for getting likes? They are,
- Choosing a descriptive and memorable username
- Using descriptive keywords in your About section
- Ensuring that you use the appropriate category for your business
- Optimizing your images
- Making the most of your pinned posts
Using Facebook Groups to Engage with your Target Market
Apart from Facebook pages, groups will add more vigor and engagement for many industries and niches. The advantages of being in groups are,
- By participating in other people’s industry-related groups you can establish your authority in the respective field of business
- Giving more advice and tips will increase the trust people have on you and your business
- Furthermore, you can create and participate in your own interest-related groups
Therefore Facebook groups are one of the important Facebook marketing strategies for small business.
Encourage Social Sharing through the Use of Facebook Buttons and Plugins
Usually, your marketing funnel will work at moving traffic from your Facebook page to your website or blog.
On the other hand, you should also make sure that you give a chance for those visiting your website to like and share your content on Facebook, and to interact with your page.
Make sure that each piece of content on your site has a ‘like’ and ‘share’ button next to it.
Have Your Posts Seen by More of Your Fans, vital among Facebook marketing strategies for small business
Amidst the fierce competition, your posts should be visible in the users’ feeds. To accomplish this, use the following strategies for your organic posts,
- Use videos in your posting strategy
- Regularly look at your page Insights or Facebook Insights to see what types of content are resonating with your audience
- Include a relevant and engaging backstory when posting promotional content for optimal reach
Be Sure of the Times to Post
Consult your Facebook Insights to know the optimal posting time and frequency.
However, research suggests that posting on Thursdays and Fridays may result in higher engagement. While optimal posting times may vary, 1 PM and 3 PM can be good to start with.
When it comes to how many times you have to post, as a brand, you have to post 5-10 posts per week. If you are a media house then you have to post 4 – 10x higher as news is information people engage with all day long.
Use Paid Options to Increase Likes and Reach
Apart from gaining organic reach and using free strategies, you should also supplement your organic strategies with paid options. Some paid options you can use on Facebook are,
- Boosting a post, that increases visibility in users’ newsfeeds.
- Promoted posts. You can access this with the help of Facebook Ads Manager.
- You should promote posts that help you meet a specific goal. For example, for getting traffic or for selling a product or service.
- Facebook ads: Facebook ads offers you a variety of advertising options other than promoting a single post. You have to select your campaign objective, identify your target audience, determine your budget, and choose the creative for your ad.
Best Practices for Your Facebook Ads, essential among Facebook marketing strategies for small business
How to get the ROI you need with Facebook Ads?
- Practice consistent audience targeting. In particular study the behavior of your audience which is the most effective targeting options.
- Place your important content at first
- Rotate your ad every 1-2 weeks
- Use conversion pixels that will help you know which ads are helping you meet your goals.
- Use strong calls to action
- Place different ads for different newsfeed placements
A Snippet of Other Methods that Hold Key among Facebook Marketing Strategies for Small Business
- Use the Facebook live feature to talk and interact with people about your business
- Have an enriching cover photo
- Get familiar with your Facebook demographics
- Respond to comments and engage with your audience before they could engage with you
- Choose and schedule your Facebook content
- Host a Facebook contest
- Become a content machine
- Use Facebook stories
- Track and monitor daily
- Create a content calendar
- Enable Facebook to be your customer service
Facebook marketing can be an effective method for your small business and to reach your target audience. When strategies are implemented correctly it will give you increased traffic, reach and conversions.
Adhering to the above strategies will help your small business reach heights. If you want to practically learn the Facebook marketing strategies you can attend an event exclusive for small businesses.
Learn the strategies and work them out to give you increased ROI.
Hope Business Solutions
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. Hope Business Solutions are warranted according to the terms and conditions of the agreements under which they are provided.
The client is responsible for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations applicable to it. Hope Business solutions does not provide legal advice or represent or warrant that its services or products will ensure that the client is in compliance with any law or regulation. Statement of Good Security Practices: IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise.